We are for young people, and we are led by them.
We involve young people in our governance, research and policy work, and we ask for their advice on our projects and programmes.
We do this because we recognise that young people are experts on their lives, and through their direct input our work is even more effective.
We engage young people:
- Through consultation and outreach to develop an evidence base
- By ensuring young people have a platform at events to speak about their own experiences
- By giving them the opportunities to develop their skills, for example through being involved in advisory groups and taking part in activities such as social media campaigns.
We are incredibly proud:
- To have recruited Young Trustees for NCB, who ensure the voice of young people is represented at a strategic level. Meet Page and Thivya.
- To host a network of young people, Young NCB, who speak up about the issues that affect their lives. Find out more about Young NCB here.
- Of our Young Research Advisors, who we have trained in research methods in order to inform our research studies. And ensure that our research and policy work is accessible to children and young people, for example our recent work on the Department for Education’s on SEND reforms. Find out more about our Young Research Advisors.
Find out more about how we involve young people in our work and recent projects below.