Are you aged between 16-24 and work or volunteer with young people in youth, sports or performing arts groups in the Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council area?
Opportunity to join an exciting programme which will:
- Develop your ability & confidence to work with young people
- Improve your knowledge & skills in cross community youth work, leadership and peace building issues in your local area
- Opportunity to explore & learn more about relevant youth work issues such as LGBTQ+, youth justice, mental health & well-being, human rights etc.
- Have the opportunity to make connections with other young leaders to share resources, best practice and information about working with young people
- Have the opportunity to influence the programme content by joining the project advisory group
- Gain experience to put on your CV, further education and/or job applications
- Build a network of young leaders in the Lisburn & Castlereagh area
As a member of the network you will take part in 5 issue based workshops, a 2 day residential and a cross border action-learning visit; be awarded a certificate of participation at our celebration event and have increased opportunities to network with other young leaders and organisations working in Lisburn & Castlereagh area.
The best part? It’s all FREE! We will cover your travel expenses, food and accommodation costs and provide you with support to make sure you gain as much from the experience as possible.
This project is funded under the LCCC Peace IV Partnership under the theme of Children & Young People and focuses on building positive relations, peace and reconciliation. The programme will be cross- community, delivered in venues accessible to all within the Lisburn Castlereagh City Council area. To download the flyer for the programme click here.
To be eligible to apply for a place on the programme you must:
- Be aged between 16-24 years old
- Work or volunteer with young people e.g. in a youth, sports or performing arts group
- Live in the Lisburn Castlereagh City Council area
- Commit to complete a minimum of 26 contact hours on the project which runs from September 2018 - July 2019
Places are limited and will be filled to ensure an equal cross-community balance.
To apply you have to complete 2 forms: the application form & the monitoring form, the links are below.
Please return the two forms to Owen Whitford - email@example.com. If you have any issues please contact Owen on (028) 9087 5006.