What is Young NCB?
Young NCB (YNCB) is our membership group exclusively for young people. It gives young people the opportunity to speak out about the things that are important to them and contribute to the work we do to improve the lives of children and young people.
Who can join?
Young NCB is open to all children and young people up to the age of 18 who live in England or Northern Ireland (or up to 24 to join our Alumni group).
It’s absolutely free to join and you don’t need to have done anything like this before – it’s a great place to start! It’s completely up to you how much or how little you would like to do depending on your other commitments and how much time you may have.
You’ll have the opportunity to take action on issues that are important to you and your friends, such as campaigning for personal finance education, speaking out about transport services, taking part in events or lobbying Government.
Alongside this, you’ll develop skills such as public speaking, writing, campaigning, communications and teamwork and make a whole host of new friends!
You’ll receive monthly email bulletins to keep up-to-date with what everyone is up to and all the latest events and opportunities, and you’ll also have access to our private social networking groups.
What do members do?
- Take part in events and talkshops on a range of issues including bullying, children’s rights and the health service.
- Help with NCB projects and campaigns.
- Get involved in speaking to the media, recruiting NCB staff and writing articles and blogs.
- Help to plan Young NCB’s work by becoming an Advisory Group member.
- Travel to exciting places and meet new people.
For more information or to sign up, visit YNCB’s website: www.youngncb.org.uk.