We have developed a training course aimed at social workers and practitioners working with families to increase their skills and confidence in analysis and judgement within assessment practice.
• Examine the process of analysis in assessing safeguarding concerns
• Use a framework for thinking through ‘discrepant’ information
• Recognise the importance of developing ‘social work/practitioner skills’ in assessment work – ‘the use of self’’
• Examine both the strengths and pitfalls of analysis – towards defensible decision-making
• Explore how to use supervision as an aid to analysis
This course is supported by NCB’s practitioner handbook ‘Putting analysis into child and family assessment’ by Ruth Dalzell and Emma Sawyer.
This course is available as a two day course, designed to be commissioned by a local authority area.
Find out more and book:
To find out more about training and consultancy packages or to book a course please email Hannah Warwick.