United against bullying in Northern Ireland
About the Northern Ireland Anti-Bullying Forum
The Northern Ireland Anti-Bullying Forum (NIABF) is working towards a society where children and young people can live free and feel safe from bullying.
A society where:
- Bullying is unacceptable and every child and young person is safe and feels safe from bullying.
- Every child and young person’s diversity is celebrated
- A preventative, responsive and restorative anti-bullying ethos is developed
- The views and contribution of children and young people are actively sought, respected and taken into account
- Everyone understands they have a role to play in taking a stand against bullying.
The Outcomes we work towards
- Schools and other settings have effective anti-bullying policies which include appropriate preventative and responsive strategies to address bullying behaviour.
- Parents, carers, teachers and other practitioners working with children and young people have the skills and knowledge to address bullying behaviour and its impact effectively.
- Children and young people are empowered to become valued participants in anti-bullying policy and practice.
- The Northern Ireland Anti-Bullying Forum is well governed and proactively informed by evidence of need.