Relationships and Sex Education will be statutory in all secondary schools from September 2019. This course is the first step in planning for an effective, compliant and inclusive programme in your school.
This courses is for PSHE leads, pastoral care managers and members of the senior leadership team. Participants will work individually and in groups to explore the implications of statutory status and identify realistic, achievable goals for their school. The session will be interactive, with opportunities to trial resources and learn from colleagues. This course is supported by a suite of tools and resources.
Participants will be able to:
- Review and update existing provision in line with new legislation
- Brief colleagues on new legislation, guidance and Ofsted requirements, including safeguarding
- Identify good practice and understand how to assess, monitor and evaluate teaching and learning
- Facilitate consultation with staff, pupils and parents
- Apply a range of resources and approaches to ensure Relationships Education is inclusive and needs-led
What participants say:
“Excellent training - very engaging, thought provoking and fun, from a very competent, knowledgeable trainer”
“Everything was practical and relaxed with plenty of hands-on activities and the chances to share expertise were great”
“It has opened my eyes to the importance of having a holistic, whole school approach”
“I have improved knowledge and now need to inform all my staff about statutory SRE!”