The Making Participation Work programme, jointly delivered by the Council for Disabled Children and KIDS and funded by the Department for Education, is delivering a participation learning event for professionals working across the disabled children’s sector.
This event will support managers and practitioners to gain a deeper understanding of how participation of disabled children and young people is central to the implementation of the SEND reforms.
The learning event has been developed to meet the specific needs of the regions. Designed with input from regional leads, the workshop will examine:
- What is strategic participation and why it is essential to the region
- Effective use of the region’s support structures
- The key issues raised by OFSTED/CQC inspections
- Current barriers within the region to effect strategic participation
Bespoke elements of the learning event may also include two of the following:
- Working with young people with communication needs
- Engaging young people using social media
- Integrated working – developing a combined participation strategy
- Gathering young people’s evidence for joint area inspections
The event will provide an opportunity for the region and local areas attending to identify how they may wish to draw down the bespoke training and coaching opportunities being delivered by the KIDS team as part of the programme.
Who should attend
These regional events are designed for professionals who have a role in designing and delivering participation at a strategic level across health, education and social care. This includes those with roles supporting strategic decision making, such as service managers; those who commission services; staff who are developing joint working, and; front line practitioners who engage directly with disabled children and young people.
This learning workshop is limited to 40 delegate places. There will be an event in each of the regions, so there is no need to sign up to an event ouside of your region. Colleagues from the voluntary and charity sectors will be automatically added to the reserve list.
Please direct further questions about the learning event to Joanna Carr email@example.com