The Council for Disabled Children invites LA SEN and children’s social care leads and CCG children’s commissioners to attend this session to discuss and plan local area joint working within the context of the SEND reforms and other local priorities for disabled children and young people and those with SEN.
The workshop will:
- Enable commissioners to feel confident about demonstrating progress with the reforms and support them to develop an action plan from their self-assessment/audit.
- provide an opportunity for inspected areas to feedback on the process and an input on the analysis of inspection reports with a focus on joint strategic working between social care, education and health
- provide an opportunity for local areas to bring along a knotty problem as a focus for solution building and action planning. These will be identified ahead of the workshop with local areas but are likely to focus on:
- Information and data sharing across education, health and social care including digital solutions
- Commissioning for outcomes
- Ensuring alignment of key change programmes
Who should attend?
- Local area teams of 2 or 3 people, to include at least one local authority SEND lead and one CCG rep or DCO/DMO. Ideally both Children's and Adult Services could be represented as well as a representative for children's social care.
- To understand and share learning and effective practice from joint local area inspections across England
- To problem solve ‘knotty issues’ experienced in region and where possible, share and develop effective solutions
- To have conversations with regional and local colleagues on gaps and issues in local area plans
Preparation: Participants should feedback when booking on which ‘knotty problem’ they would like to focus on and indicate if they would like to present their area’s challenge. They should also come along with their self-assessment framework or audit on implementation progress.
For mor einformation and to book, email CDC at email@example.com