This one day refresher training opportunity is aimed at those who have already completed the two day Independent Support course but would like a refresher.
By attending this course you will:
- Be brought up to date on any legislative changes made since the IS training was launched that impacts on the role
- Have an opportunity to reflect on progress of the reforms and their valuable contribution to date
- Understand key barriers and challenges for Independent Supporters and explore the solutions
- Improve your confidence to practically deliver Independent Support
- Receive a delegate pack of supporting information
This is a closed course and only available to Independent Supporters (full time, part time or in a volunteer capacity) who have been recruited by IS agencies and Information Advice and Support Services under contract to Council for Disabled Children.