Free CPD-approved anti-bullying workshop for the children's workforce in Gateshead
- Are you a children’s workforce professional?
- Do you want free training about how to reduce bullying among children?
The Anti-Bullying Alliance is delighted to announce that it is working with Gateshead Council from April 2017 to October 2018 to become an All Together Area and work to reduce bullying of children in schools. As part of this we are offering FREE training to schools and the wider children’s workforce in Gateshead.
The training is for the children's workforce and will cover:
- Bullying and its impact on children and young people
- Bullying and the law
- Children and young people with SEND and bullying – what does the evidence tell us?
- A social model approach to anti-bullying
- Challenging disablist language and hate speech
- How to apply this to your role
Who should attend?
We welcome attendance from any children’s workforce professionals. By that we mean anyone working with schools and children such as:
- Social workers
- Healthcare professionals
- Youth Offending teams
- Early Years providers
- Post-16 providers
- Youth workers
- School Governors
- Information, Advice and Support Workers
- School staff (we have a wider programme for schools but if you’d like to send extra members of staff on this course that is allowed)
Lunch and refreshments will be provided on the day. Please contact LBond@ncb.org.uk if you have any dietary requirements, e.g. vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, dairy-free.
There will be a £50 'no show' fee for schools that do not inform us they cannot attend at least one week before the training date.
Registration and coffee for this event will open at 9am. The workshop will begin promptly at 9.30am.