The Sex Education Forum is delighted to bring you a new national RSE conference this autumn.
RSE in schools is changing. We’re counting down to the start of statutory RSE by guiding teachers through the new legislation, advising on curriculum design and helping you choose the best resources and teaching approaches to build an inclusive and up-to-date programme that is relevant to your pupils real lives and supported by parents.
Having shaped policy and practice on RSE for 30 years, we will present our delegates with keynotes from leaders in the field, share hand-picked examples of good practice and provide immediate advice in response to your questions on the day.
Who is it for? Primary and secondary teachers leading or teaching PSHE / RSE, Head Teachers and Deputies, pastoral staff, youth workers, school nurses, local authority RSE leads.
Join us on Friday 30th November for :
- Keynotes briefing you on the legislation and setting out a framework for high quality RSE
- Young people’s views about what they need including the launch of findings from a new survey
- Expert panel Q and A who will take your questions from the floor
- Workshop options which you can select from a menu catering for primary and secondary school level, with a stream for teachers new to RSE as well as experienced educators wanting to develop their career as PSHE and RSE specialists.
- Sessions focused on whole-school approach & safeguarding, LGBT inclusive RSE, gender identity and gender equality, faith school case-studies and parental engagement
- Resource and information stands and ample opportunities to network and handle a wide range of RSE resources
Confirmed speakers, panelists & workshop leads include:
- Lynnette Smith – Managing Director of Big Talk Education and Chair of the Sex Education Forum
- Dr Mary Bousted, Joint General Secretary, National Education Union (NEU)
- Dr Sara Bragg, Co-author 'Researcing Everyday Childhoods: Time, Technology & Documentation in a Digital Age'
- Lucy Emmerson, Director, Sex Education Forum
- Dr Polly Haste, Head of Training & Practice, Sex Education Forum
- Dr Eleanor Draeger, Senior RSE Trainer and Sexual Health Consultant
- Alice Hoyle, DO… RSE
- Dr Jenny Lloyd, MsUnderstood Partnership at the University of Bedfordshire
- Professor Vanita Sundaram, University of York
- Josie Rayner-Wells, Independent National PSHE Adviser
- Jonny Hunt, Independent SRE Consultant, Going off the Rails
- The Proud Trust