Free CPD-approved anti-bullying workshop for the children's workforce in Bournemouth and Poole
- Are you a children’s workforce professional?
- Do you want free training about how to reduce bullying among children?
The Anti-Bullying Alliance is delighted to announce that it is working with Bournemouth Borough Council and Borough of Poole from April 2017 to October 2018 to become an All Together Area and work to reduce bullying of children in schools. As part of this we are offering FREE training to schools and the wider children’s workforce in Bournemouth and Poole.
The training is for the children's workforce and will cover:
- Bullying and its impact on children and young people
- Bullying and the law
- Children and young people with SEND and bullying – what does the evidence tell us?
- A social model approach to anti-bullying
- Challenging disablist language and hate speech
- How to apply this to your role
The All Together programme has been developed over the last three years and builds upon the work of the Anti-Bullying Alliance’s previous SEND anti-bullying champion programme which saw significant positive results. All Together therefore includes a special focus on reducing bullying of disabled children and those with SEN but aims to reduce bullying of all children and young people.
Who should attend?
We welcome attendance from any children’s workforce professionals. By that we mean anyone working with schools and children such as:
- Social workers
- Healthcare professionals
- Youth Offending teams
- Early Years providers
- Post-16 providers
- Youth workers
- School Governors
- Information, Advice and Support Workers
- School staff (we have a wider programme for schools but if you’d like to send extra members of staff to this workshop they are welcome)
Lunch and refreshments will be provided on the day. Please contact ABA@ncb.org.uk if you have any dietary requirements, e.g. vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, dairy-free.
There will be a £50 'no show' fee for schools that do not inform us they cannot attend at least one week before the training date.
Registration and coffee for this event will open at 9am. The workshop will begin promptly at 9.30am.