05 Nov 2011
These guidelines have been produced for researchers who are contemplating involving children and young people (CYP) in their research project – whether as participants or in a more active role.
- Set out NCB Research Centre’s general approach to research with CYP (Section 2)
- Provide practical guidance for the researcher, through all stages of the research process from planning to dissemination:
- Section 3 focuses on research in which CYP are participants (that is, as sources of data)
- Section 4 considers other ways in which CYP can be involved in the research process
- Are illustrated throughout with examples from the recent work of NCB’s Research Centre.