We help by working with children and families, policy-makers and practitioners to research, innovate and establish best practice across the children’s sector.
We work to ensure all children get the best possible start in life.
- Through our Big Lottery funded Lambeth Early Action Partnership we were able to extend Family Nurse Partnership support to 100% of eligible young mothers
- Our ground-breaking research into the health of under-5s found stark variations across the country. The report, Poor Beginnings, along with an interactive data map, enabled local authorities to compare and learn from regional data.
We work to ensure vulnerable children get the targeted help they need.
- Working with the Department for Education we’ve given children and young people in care, and care leavers, a voice through our programme, Taking it to the Next Level, which has worked with over 100 local authorities since 2013.
We work to ensure that children get support that is holistic and universal
- We trained over 1,750 teachers and professionals on how to make Sex and Relationship Education inclusive for LGBT pupils.
- In Northern Ireland we have been pivotal in exploring how digital technology impacts on children’s well-being and helped develop the first e-safety strategy for Northern Ireland. We also published ICT & Me exploring the link between young people’s use of digital technology and their attainment in GCSEs.