NCB has been awarded a grant from the Government Equalities Office as part of series of grants to support schools to tackle homophobic, biphobic and transphobic (HBT) bullying.
The project is called Learn Equality, Live Equal (LELE), and will be available to schools in the coming weeks.
LELE is a free 12 week supportive whole-school programme, enabling schools to find practical solutions to tackling HBT bullying. The programme will reach 150 schools from April 2019 - March 2020. It is being delivered by two of NCB's specialist membership groups, the Anti-Bullying Alliance, and Sex Education Forum.
Types of support availble to schools include:
- Auditing practice
- Support from an expert advisor
- Weaving LGBT visibility through the cirriculum - including via RSE
- Training sessions (face-to-face and online), covering:
- Sexual bullying
- Gender identity and transgender inclusion
- Engaging with parents, and pupils
- Tackling gender bias in sport
- HBT bullying and SEN/disability
- CPD training sessions
- Tools and resources, including case-studies on our Virtual Display Board
Register here to express an interest in becoming a LELE school.