Today, the systems that children and families rely on for education, health and social care support are unfit for purpose and facing unprecedented demand.
More babies, children and young people are being forced into precarious situations due to the increasing strain on family budgets. As a voice for children, young people and families, NCB will continue to make the case for investment and will hold to account those who have the power to make wide-scale policy change.
Delivering a better childhood: The focus of our 2018-23 strategy
The impact of our work has therefore never been more important. We are working hard to:
- Influence legislation, policy and practice to make sure it’s based on high quality evidence about what works for children.
- Enable children and young people to actively participate in decision-making and influence change.
- Bring organisations together to put the best interests of children first.
- Develop a workforce that is knowledgeable and skilled to make positive changes for children.
- Build respect and trust as a pioneering and high-performing charity.
Full annual reports and accounts back to 2012-13 can be downloaded and read here.