In Autumn 2019 we held two workshops on the topic of Involving Young People in Decision Making – one in Derry/Londonderry and the other in Belfast.
These workshops aimed to do the following:
- To explore why young people should be involved in decision making
- To examine how young people have been involved in decision making with grant holders
- To consider challenges in ensuring young people’s meaningful involvement in decision making
- To explore potential solutions to those challenges
- To provide an opportunity for networking
The presentation from this workshop can be viewed here.
During the workshop delegates discussed the following:
- How/where in their organisations young people were involved in decision making
- The challenges that organisations face when trying to ensure genuine involvement in decision making and
- Solutions to those challenges.
A summary of these discussions can be found here.
Thanks to the following grant holders who shared their learning at this workshop:
- Bogside and Brandywell Health Forum, whose presentation can be found here.
- Cancer Focus
In addition the learning from NCB in terms of young people’s involvement in the Board of Trustees was also shared Involving Young People in Decision Making - Learning from NCB and delegates also received a resource list in their packs for further reading in this area.
Many thanks to The Bogside and Brandywell Health Forum for hosting us in the north west!