National Children’s Bureau and Stranmillis University College are delighted to host this workshop as part of Anti-Bullying Week 2019.
About this Event
This event will be a unique opportunity to hear from an international expert in school bullying and from local stakeholders including Chair of the NI Anti-Bullying Forum (NIABF). The workshop will be of interest to schools, education services, youth and parent support groups and wider interest groups.
Key Note Speaker: Professor Peter K Smith
- Professor Peter K Smith has written and researched widely on school bullying and violence, since 1989. He is author of Understanding school bullying: Its nature and prevention strategies (Sage, 2014) and is recognised as a leading international expert in this field. He is Emeritus Professor of Psychology at Goldsmiths College, University of London where his wider research interests include children’s play and the role of grandparents in children’s development.
Local Contributors include:
- Gillian Cuthbert - Education Authority (NIABF Chairperson)
- Dr. Noel Purdy - Stranmillis University College
- Deirdre McAliskey - National Children’s Bureau
- Daniel Warwick - Bloomfield Primary School
There are two parts to the registration process:
1) Please register your interest using the green button at the top of this Eventbrite page. Once you register you will receive a confirmation email.
2) Due to venue size, we will need to limit the numbers attending. A couple of weeks before the event, we will email you confirmation of your place. That’s a good time to let us know if you can no longer attend so we can release places to our waiting list.