Outside the Box is an early intervention programme to prevent child sexual exploitation. It is delivered through an eight-session, personal development course, with a specific focus on sex and relationships. The facilitator training has been designed for practitioners working 1:1, or with small groups of vulnerable young people, in schools or youth settings.
The Outside the Box facilitator training course runs over two-days and is for professionals who have experience of working with vulnerable young people.
Remote format course
The course on 22-23 June 2020 will run using zoom and involves video calls with a group of participants and some individual activities. There is a screen break / lunch break from 11.30am - 1.30pm, the training times are as follows:
- Day 1: 9.30 – 11.30a.m., then 1.30 – 3.30p.m.
- Day 2: 9.30 – 11.30a.m., then 1.30 – 3.30p.m.
The course handbook will be posted to you in advance, so we will need your postal address.
- Develop knowledge, confidence and skills to deliver a structured support programme using Outside the box
- Increase awareness of best practice in sex and relationship education with vulnerable young people
- Gain practical knowledge of strategies for delivering the resource in different settings
- Be aware of a range of models for assessing impact
- Develop understanding of inclusion issues and safeguarding considerations